Regardless of the stage in the market cycle, operational reviews or business optimisation studies can be required under a variety of other common circumstances, for example, to help understand and remedy factors that have led to underperformance, in connection with a refurbishment project, or when assessing potential acquisition of a hotel.
Viability’s Operational Review process typically involves some or all of the following steps:
- Architectural/structural reviews.
- Internal management interviews, processes audit and gap analysis.
- External market research and gap analysis.
- Regional/international product or service benchmarking to determine best practices.
- Creation of profit improvement strategies, together with refurbishment/upgrading, business and marketing plan
We also undertake interim hotel management where required in connection with this process, during which we implement the recommendations from our review.